Z31 Fiche Index
The Z Registry
In case you want to know
how I'm doing,
Deer Valley, Arizona
The 2007 Z31 Calendar
So I'm a glutten for punishment.
I'll be doing the Z31 calendar again this year.
I'll be collecting the pictures and making the initial cuts as to what pictures are acceptable.
READ ALL of this page before submitting pictures.
- Primary subject of Photo must be a Z31. Other cars, people, buildings, etc in the picture are acceptable, but they cannot totally overshadow the car.
- The whole car must be visible in the picture. No pictures of 7/8 of the car or with the front or rear bumper cut off, etc.
- Must have good and consistent lighting. No pictures of the car half in, half out of the shade, etc.
- Limit of three full size images per vehicle. I don't want to sift through twenty pictures of the same car to find one I like.
- Digital pictures for the full page MUST be at least 2.0 megapixels (1600x1200 pixels). Anything less will fall into the calendar fill in the actual calendar.
This means that any pictures must be taken at a high quality setting of no less than 1600x1200 pixels. Any pictures taken with a low quality or at a lower resolution and then resized will be all to evident. And those pictures will not make it.
- Regular still photos must be 4x6 glossy pictures. E-mail me for the address to send pictures to.
- Do NOT blur out your license plate. Take the plate off if you don't want it in the picture.
- Do NOT PHOTOSHOP your image. If you want something cleaned up, ask me. OBVIOUS PHOTOSHOPS WILL BE TOSSED!
- Do NOT CROP your image. If you want something cropped out, ask me. IMAGES THAT CAN NOT BE SIZED PROPERLY WILL BE TOSSED!
- Pictures submitted (not the cars or owners) for previous year calendars will not be accepted for full page presentation. All pictures must be new.
- All requested information MUST be provided for ANY picture (see below for requirements).
- Full Name
- Message board nick name and message board
- Full Address
- First, Second and Third choice for Month to display your car in.
- Year and Model Information of car/cars in picture
- Number of seats
- turbo or non
- special edition?
- Who took the photo.
- optional: How you would like your info to appear.
|This is the standard:||example:|
Year Model Info
1984 50th AE Turbo
* Exceptions may be made for artistically creative pictures (i.e. low ground shots from back tire to front of car, silhouette of car with naked chick on it, envelope full of money, etc).
Examples of last years submissions can be viewed here.
Finalists and examples of last years calendar can be seen here.
Note that prices for the 2007 calendar have not yet been set.
I am not expecting you to get a professional to take the picture (I won't stop you from it), but I am expecting you to take some time and preparation.
Please read this link for information on helping you take a better picture.
I will be tossing out pictures that I don't feel are up to snuff.
I am NOT critiquing the cars that are pictured.
This calendar is about the Z31, not about who has the nicest car.
A better picture of a not so perfect car will likely get a higher ranking than a nicer car with a poor picture quality.
I will try to post pictures as I get them.
The pictures will be available for viewing on this page.
If you have already submitted three pictures and wish to change them, this page will help you decide which ones to swap out.
Pictures will not be accepted any later than October 16th, 2006.
There will be a vote on the pictures around the first or second week of October with prizes awarded for the top three choices.
I will be disqualified from the awards.
My car will appear in the calendar (hey, I'm making it, I can do what I want).
|1st place||First choice of month for full page|
|2nd place||2nd choice of month for full page|
Calendar for shipping cost ($3.85)
|3rd place||3rd choice of month for full page|
Half price calendar
If your pictures don't meet the requirements, I will tell you they don't meet requirements and tell you why.
Like DryZ, I am not out to make a bunch of money off these. I'm out to basically cover costs plus a little for my time (like less than a buck or two, okay?).
If you really want to make it easy for me (and help eliminate confusion too), name the images first name dot last name dot image number(1, 2, or 3) dot jpg.
This will help me when it comes time to save pictures and upload them.
i.e. "joe.smith.1.jpg", "joe.smith.2.jpg", etc.
E-Mail digital pictures to me at email@example.com.
Pictures will be kept at least until the first calendars go to printing.
If you want your pictures returned, enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.
Rules are subject to change. These are not open to negotiations, but your comments and concerns will be noted.